My Poppies on Good Morning America!

>> Saturday, June 26, 2010



My friend Alexis Tirado was named Alicia Keys new head blogger for I Am A Super Woman - IAAS.com yesterday morning on Good Morning America!  She's amazing and I'm so happy for her... and she has fabulous taste in hair accessories.  She was chosen from 8,500 applications and I met her when she worked for Martha Stewart's website.  She's such a cool girl and so very deserving of this opportunity.

I was drinking my coffee watching Good Morning Amercia and waiting for the head blogger announcement when low and behold...Alexis won!  That made me super happy, then I realized OMG she's wearing one of the glam poppy hair flowers I made for her...on TV!  This made me spill my coffee,
 it's hard to jump up and down with a coffee mug you know.

Keep an eye out for her...she's got a pretty incredible future ahead of her!


5 comments:

Good Girls Studio June 26, 2010 at 6:45 AM  

Whoohoo! Congrats on the great publicity!

Laura June 26, 2010 at 10:36 AM  

Congrats! What fun!

Anonymous June 27, 2010 at 3:18 PM  

Hi! I just read your interview and had to stop by and tell you how much I like your designs. I'm an antiques dealer and I combine vintage items, such as feedsack fabric yoyos, with new materials to craft with. My second reason for writing is to ask if you like selling with Big Cartel. I know you have an Etsy site too. What would be the advantage to having both? Thanks in advance for your opinion.

P.S. Tomorrow I'm going to try your ruffle necklace with vintage fabric!

Rachel July 1, 2010 at 12:26 PM  

Oh that's so exciting! Congrats!

StepThruCrazy July 3, 2010 at 2:46 PM  

WOW congrats! Awesome! I would have spilled my coffee, too! After I choked on it, of course!